Age Restriction: Recommended for ages 10 and over. Under 5s will not be admitted. Parental guidance advised.
Important Info: The sides of the Grand Circle are side view restricted. The rear of the Stalls and Royal Circle are restricted by the overhang. Seats in the Balcony have restricted legroom.
This world class and immensely popular musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber is based upon a gothic novel by Gaston Leroux which explores life behind the scenes of the Paris Opera House. It is arguably one of the most famous musicals in the world and no trip to the West End is complete without a look at this iconic show.
It opens in Paris in 1911 at an auctioning of the contents of the Paris Opera House. The contents include a fabulous chandelier in which the auctioneer proceeds to tell the story of the legend of the Phantom of the Opera. Suddenly you are transported back a time when the Paris Opera House was at the height of its powers.
At that time, the opera house is, claimed by many, to be inhabited by a ghost. If this ghost is in anyway offended or annoyed then he will cause mayhem in the opera house. The ghost or phantom then decides to help a lowly chorus girl, Christine Daae by giving her music lessons through the wall of her dressing room. He pretends to be the spirit of her dead father and as a result of this she becomes a talented singer who is then thrust into the limelight.
This phantom worships Christine and is determined to make her a star. He demands that the opera house management cast her in a starring role in the new opera Il Muto but the manager, Raoul refuses to do so. As a result of this the phantom, angered by this refusal decides to cause chaos in the opera house. He is chased but manages to evade capture by causing a fabulous chandelier to crash to the ground.
Later on, we see the Grand Masquerade Ball. Six months have passed since the Phantom’s last appearance and people have started to think that he has gone forever. In that time, Raoul and Christine have become engaged which causes the Phantom to return in a fit of jealous rage.
He makes new demands of the management and tries to win back the affection of Christine but she is committed to Raoul who she loves deeply. In a confrontation, the Phantom demands that Christine comes back to him or Raoul will die. The story continues..........
The Phantom Of The Opera runs at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London’s West End.
Did You Know?
• October 2016 marked The Phantom Of The Opera's 30th Birthday in the West End. It has been running at Her Majesty's Theatre for that entire time and is showing no signs of slowing down!
• The Phantom (as of December 2016) is currently played by Ben Forster. Michael Crawford was the first to take on the role in 1986 and over the years names like Ramin Karimloo have also played the part.
• Meanwhile, Celinde Schoenmaker plays Christine Daaé (with Harriet Jones on certain nights), Nadim Naaman plays Raoul, Paul Ettore Tabone plays Ubaldo PIangi and Lara Martins plays Carlotta (true as of December 2016).
• It has won the following Laurence Olivier awards since it opened in 1986: Award for Outstanding Performance in a Musical for Michael Crawford (who was part of the cast when it opened) in 1986 and Olivier Audience Award for Most Popular Show in 2002.
• Musical numbers include The Music Of The Night, Why So Silent? and The Point Of No Return, amongst others.
|Booking From:||Wednesday, 29th March 2017|
|Booking Until:||Saturday, 14th October 2017|
|Running Time:||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Age Restriction:||Recommended for ages 10 and over. Under 5s will not be admitted. Parental guidance advised.|
|Important Info:||The sides of the Grand Circle are side view restricted. The rear of the Stalls and Royal Circle are restricted by the overhang. Seats in the Balcony have restricted legroom.|
|Thu:||2.30pm and 7.30pm|
|Sat:||2.30pm and 7.30pm|
|Thursday, 30 Mar, 2017||Her Majesty's Theatre, London||The Phantom of the Opera|
|Friday, 31 Mar, 2017||Her Majesty's Theatre, London||The Phantom of the Opera|
|Saturday, 01 Apr, 2017||Her Majesty's Theatre, London||The Phantom of the Opera|
|Monday, 03 Apr, 2017||Her Majesty's Theatre, London||The Phantom of the Opera|
|Tuesday, 04 Apr, 2017||Her Majesty's Theatre, London||The Phantom of the Opera|
Please enter your email address.