Age Restriction: Not suitable for young children. Ages 17 and up.
Important Info: Contains swearing, sexual content, offensive content.
The Prince of Wales Theatre in London’s West End has been the home of one of the most talked-about shows on both sides of the Atlantic since 2013. The Book Of Mormon from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, plus Avenue Q creator Robert Lopez, has been creating big laughs on its stage since it first opened and continues to draw in the big crowds.
Since the show first emerged a West End version was inevitable. After all, with high profile talents working behind the scenes and numerous Tony Awards to its name, London theatre audiences were going to want to get a look-in. So naturally audiences flocked to the Prince of Wales Theatre and this led to its numerous Laurence Olivier Awards wins in 2014.
The Book of Mormon follows two Mormon missionaries who head out to a village in Northern Uganda with the hope of teaching them the ways of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But when they get there they are surprised by the differences in culture that are prevalent in the country, with religion the last thing on their minds. With AIDS and war at the forefront of their concerns, Mormonism will have to take a backseat.
Meanwhile there are plenty of songs that have also contributed to the show’s popularity, including I Am Here for You, Spooky Mormon Hell Dream, All American Prophet and Making Things Up Again, among others.
The original show opened at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre in March 2011 and since then has been in the spotlight regularly, whilst also making its way to further theatres in the United States as part of its national tour. Now it runs at the Prince of Wales Theatre, the former home of Mamma Mia!, and welcomes audiences on these shores as well. It will undoubtedly appeal to anyone that is a fan of South Park and Team America: World Police, both creations of Parker and Stone, or Avenue Q from Robert Lopez.
So if you are looking for a stand-out West End show, then picking up theatre tickets for The Book Of Mormon is a must it continues its run at the Prince of Wales Theatre.
Did You Know?
• The Book Of Mormon currently features KJ Hippensteel in the role of Elder Price, Brian Sears as Elder Cunningham, Steven Webb as Moroni and Dean Maynard as Joseph Smith (and other roles) (information correct as of January 2017).
• Further musical numbers include Tomorrow Is A Latter Day, I Believe, You And Me (But Mostly Me) and Joseph Smith American Moses, amongst others.
• January 2017 sees the opening of the show in Australia. In addition to London and New York, the production has also been seen in Chicago. Further productions are also planned at locations in Europe.
• The London edition of the show won Laurence Olivier Awards in 2014 for these categories: Best New Musical, Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Musical, Best Actor in a Musical and Best Theatre Choreographer. It was also nominated in a further two categories.
• Previous performers to have appeared in The Book Of Mormon include Gavin Creel, Jared Gertner and Tyrone Huntley, amongst others.
|Booking From:||Wednesday, 29th March 2017|
|Booking Until:||Saturday, 24th June 2017|
|Running Time:||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Age Restriction:||Not suitable for young children. Ages 17 and up.|
|Important Info:||Contains swearing, sexual content, offensive content.|
|Wed:||2.30pm and 7.30pm|
|Sat:||2.30pm and 7.30pm|
|Thursday, 30 Mar, 2017||Prince of Wales Theatre, London||The Book of Mormon|
|Friday, 31 Mar, 2017||Prince of Wales Theatre, London||The Book of Mormon|
|Saturday, 01 Apr, 2017||Prince of Wales Theatre, London||The Book of Mormon|
|Monday, 03 Apr, 2017||Prince of Wales Theatre, London||The Book of Mormon|
|Tuesday, 04 Apr, 2017||Prince of Wales Theatre, London||The Book of Mormon|
Please enter your email address.