Dizzee Rascal to release World Cup song
The rapper, who is playing at the O2 Academy in Sheffield and London's Victoria Park next month, has teamed up with comic James Corden for the new record.
Dizzee has reworked the Tears For Fears classic Shout under the name Shout for England.
Fans of the English football team are being asked to ring a special phone number and sing the chorus, which will then be included on the final cut.
England boss Fabio Capello opted against letting his players release an official World Cup record this year, so Dizzee's single should help plug a gap as the nation gets behind the team in South Africa.
The rap superstar has a number of other UK dates lined up for the summer, including an appearance at Bestival on the Isle of Wight.
- The Play That Goes Wrong Extends as Charlie Delays
- Two National Theatre Shows Extend in the West End
- Viva Forever to Close in the West End
- The Curious Incident Of The Dog Has Seven Wins at the Olivier Awards
- Kenny Doughty and More in The Full Monty Transfer to Noel Coward Theatre
- Horrible Histories’ Barmy Britain – Part Two at the Garrick Theatre
- Harriet Thorpe in Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre
- Lee Mead in The West End Man at the Vaudeville Theatre
- Anna-Jane Casey Among Those Cast in Billy Elliot at the Victoria Palace Theatre
- Bonnie Langford in Monty Python’s Spamalot at the Playhouse Theatre