Jennifer Ellison in Singin' In The Rain at the Palace Theatre
The Former Brookside Actress Takes On Role Previously Occupied by Katherine Kingsley in the Hit West End Musical
The last time that Singin’ In The Rain was in the news was back in September when it was announced that Robert Powell, best known for his work in The Detectives, would become the then-new RF Simpson. Now a cast overhaul has been revealed and this includes the news that Jennifer Ellison, who audiences will remember for her work on the Liverpool soap Brookside, will be taking on the role of Lina Lamont in the production at the Palace Theatre.
She is one of many new performers in the show, with others such as Stephane Annelli, Louise Bowden, Mark Hadfield, Peter Le Brun, Frankie Jenna, Karen Aspinall, Matthew Croke, David Lucas, Adam Denman, Kelly Ewins-Prouse, Emma Caffrey, Charlene Ford, Olivia Fines, Tim Hodges, Nia Jermin, Adam Margilewski, Brendan Cull, Oliver Metzler, Gillian Parkhouse, Matthew Malthouse, Joseph Prouse, Charlotte Scott, Nancy Wei George and Zara Warren.
Ellison first came to the attention of audiences when she worked on the former Liverpool-set soap Brookside though her career has also seen her appear on Dirty Dancing – Time Of Your Life, The Verdict and the movie version of the West End/Broadway hit The Phantom of the Opera. For the stage she has also made an impression and whilst audiences with theatre tickets around the country could see her in regional pantomimes and in Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds, she has also appeared in the West End. Such credits include Chicago at the Adelphi Theatre and Boeing Boeing at the Comedy Theatre (now the Harold Pinter Theatre).
But for Singin’ In The Rain she portrays Lina Lamont, the silent screen star whose squeaky voice could not only derail her career, but that of her co-star Dan Lockwood (Adam Cooper). The latter forms the focus of the musical, with his fame and fortune under threat with the rise of a new type of film – the talkies.
Singin’ In The Rain opened at the Palace Theatre in February 2012 and the new cast takes over on Monday 18th February 2013.
- Extensions for The Rocky Horror Show and The Book Of Mormon
- Aladdin the Musical to open at Prince Edward Theatre, London
- Danny Horn and More in Sunny Afternoon at the Harold Pinter Theatre
- The Tinderbox Story – A Fantastic Fairy Tale For The Whole Family
- Den Den and David Williamson Added to The Illusionists at the Shaftesbury Theatre
- 5 Things You Wouldn’t Believe Actually Happened on Stage!
- Tash Holway and More Join Elf The Musical at the Dominion Theatre
- Aaron Crow in Impossible at the Noel Coward Theatre
- Could “Cilla Black The Musical” Become A West End Reality?
- Funny Girl Tickets Are Hot Property As West End Show Sells Out