Kenny Doughty and More in The Full Monty Transfer to Noel Coward Theatre
Craig Gazey Also Joins the Cast of the Production, Which Originated in Sheffield Earlier in the Year Under the Direction of Daniel Evans
In February audiences at the Noel Coward Theatre will have the opportunity to revisit the world of The Full Monty as the stage production that entertained crowds at various locations around the country finally lands in London. The Sheffield Theatres production of the show is directed Once again by Daniel Evans and it will feature performances from actors such as Kenny Doughty and Craig Gazey, among others, when it runs in the West End from February to June 2014.
Based on the hit 1990s movie of the same name, the story follows a group of steelworkers as they turn to an unexpected activity. Deciding on performing as strippers they turn to the Full Monty routine, but in doing so they are going to have to overcome an array of anxieties in advance. But not only will they overcome these anxieties they will also emerge stronger as people.
The movie has been seen on the stage before, with a production appearing at the New Players Theatre in 2009, though that relocated the action from Sheffield to Buffalo New York.
Kenny Doughty appears in the production on the back of an array of film and television programmes to his name. His credits include well known long running shows such as Heartbeat, Dinnerladies and Coronation Street alongside films like Titus.
Craig Gazey, meanwhile, has also amassed credits, most notable as the character of Graeme Proctor in Coronation Street from 2008 to 2011. This earned him a lot of attention and even led to numerous awards, whilst recent credits include Third Floor at the West End’s Trafalgar Studios.
The rest of the cast will include Keiran O’Brien, Simon Rouse, Scott Anson, Tracy Brabin, Roger Morlidge, Sidney Cole, Caroline Carver, Elaine Glover, Eamonn Fleming, Rachel Lumberg and Ian Mercer.
The Noël Coward Theatre is currently the home of Peter and Alice with Ben Whishaw and Judi Dench, with Henry V among the shows set to replace it later in the year. The Full Monty is then set to run from Tuesday 25th February 2014 (previews from Thursday 20th February 2014) to Saturday 14th June 2014.
- Matt Henry in Kinky Boot at the Adelphi Theatre
- Olivier Award Wins for Sunny Afternoon at the Harold Pinter Theatre
- James Bolam in Bomber's Moon at Trafalgar Studios 2
- Siobhan Dillon and Natalie Mendoza in Miss Saigon at the Prince Edward Theatre
- Phantom, Les Mis and The Book Of Mormon Extend in the West End
- Richard Grieve in High Society at the Old Vic Theatre
- Kraig Thornber in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane
- Extensions for Book Of Mormon and Women On Verge Of Nervous Breakdown
- Golem by 1927 at the Trafalgar Studios 1
- Sally Cookson Directs Hetty Feather at the Duke of Yorks Theatre