Nicholas Farrell and more Join Peter And Alice at the Noel Coward Theatre
The Actor, Along With Olly Alexander, Ruby Bentall, Stefano Braschi and Derek Riddell, Set for the Upcoming Production
Last year a full season of shows under the stewardship of Michael Grandage was announced for the Noël Coward Theatre and among the productions headed to the stage is Peter and Alice, which is inspired by the real-life meeting of the people that inspired the characters of Peter Pan and Alice (In Wonderland) respectively. Ben Whishaw and Judi Dench, both of whom were seen in the latest Bond film Skyfall, had already been revealed as the lead cast members, but now more names have been added.
Nicholas Farrell is set to appear in the production in the role of Lewis Carroll and he does so on the back of various stage and screen credits. In the former category he has appeared in shows at the Chichester Festival Theatre – such as South Downs/The Browning Version – and for the Royal Shakespeare Company from Hamlet to The Merchant Of Venice. Meanwhile, his work has also included various film credits with a relatively recent appearance in The Iron Lady and other credits such as Amazing Grace, Charlotte Gray, Pearl Harbor and Chariots of Fire.
He is not the only new cast member, however, as the actor is also set to be joined by Olly Alexander, Ruby Bentall, Stefano Braschi and Derek Riddell.
Penned by John Logan (who also co-wrote the aforementioned Skyfall), Peter And Alice is inspired by the real life meeting between Peter Llewellyn Davies and Alice Liddell Hargreaves, the inspirations behind the J M Barrie’s Peter Pan and Lewis Carroll’s Alice. Said meeting is said to have taken place at an exhibition in the 1930s.
The show is set to appear at the Noël Coward Theatre as part of a season that also includes Peter Nichols’ 1977 play Privates On Parade and Martin McDonagh’s The Cripple of Inishmaan. All of the shows were together announced in June 2012 as a showcase for director Michael Grandage, the former Artistic Director of the Donmar Warehouse.
Peter And Alice is at the Noël Coward Theatre from Monday 25th March 2013 (previews from Saturday 9th March 2013) to Saturday 1st June 2013.
- Phill Jupitus in Urinetown The Musical at the Apollo Theatre
- Kristen Scott Thomas in The Audience at the Apollo Theatre
- Michael Flatley’s Lord Of The Dance: Dangerous Games at the Dominion Theatre
- Penelope Wilton in Taken At Midnight at the Theatre Royal Haymarket
- Alex Gaumond in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Savoy Theatre
- Stanley Townsend in Jennifer Haley’s The Nether at the Duke of York’s Theatre
- More Cast Members Join Aled Jones in White Christmas at the Dominion Theatre
- Matilda The Musical Extends as Once Closes in the West End
- Emma Hatton in Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre
- Aaron Tveit in Assassins at the Menier Chocolate Factory