West End Return for Potted Potter at the Garrick Theatre
Dan & Jeff Bring the Popular Potted Potter Back to the Capital for a Run Beginning in March 2013
Audiences that enjoyed “Potted Potter” at the Garrick Theatre when it appeared at the West End venue in 2011 will be delighted to know that the production is set for a return to the capital in 2013. “Potted Potter: The Unauthorised Harry Potter Experience” will run at the same venue from March, giving youngsters the chance to experience the full Harry Potter experience live onstage.
Dan and Jeff are the guys behind the production and they have also brought other shows to the capital over the years, whilst also being staples of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. They last brought “Potted Potter” to the West End in 2011 whilst the Vaudeville Theatre was the home of another of their hits – “Potted Panto” – in 2010. They have also brought other shows to the spotlight under the “Potted” brand, with “Potted Pirates” managing to impress audiences as well. With top awards to their names and critics firmly on their side they have fans across the United Kingdom.
With “Potted Potter”, the duo attempt to tell the whole Harry Potter story onscreen, with all seven books condensed into a stage production. From Harry’s first forays in the world of Hogwarts to his final showdown against the evil Lord Voldemort, it is a story that has captured the imaginations of audiences around the world. The books have, of course, been adapted into blockbuster movies, whilst the iconic image of Harry Potter himself is recognised in all corners of the globe. But even in a world where Potter is immortalised in every city, “Potted Potter” has stood out as something particular worthy of audience’s attention in London.
The Garrick Theatre was last in the headlines earlier this month when it was revealed that the popular musical “Rock of Ages” would be transferring there in January following its long run at the Shaftesbury Theatre, with shows like “Burn The Floor” replacing it at its old home.
But that still leaves the stage unoccupied for “Potted Potter” to take up residence during the day time with a run beginning on Saturday 23rd March 2013 and continuing to Sunday 14th April 2013.
- Killian Donnelly in Memphis at the Shaftesbury Theatre
- Jodie Prenger in Spamalot at the Playhouse Theatre
- Mamma Mia and Les Miserables Announce Extension
- Mark Benton in Cool Rider at the Duchess Theatre
- The Commitments and The Book Of Mormon Extend in the West End
- Thriller Extends as The Full Monty Ends
- Imelda Staunton in Good People at the Noel Coward Theatre
- Extensions for Twelve Angry Men and Ghost Stories
- Josefina Gabrielle, Barry James and More in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
- We Will Rock You Closing at the Dominion Theatre in May 2014