West End Return for Potted Potter at the Garrick Theatre
Dan & Jeff Bring the Popular Potted Potter Back to the Capital for a Run Beginning in March 2013
Audiences that enjoyed “Potted Potter” at the Garrick Theatre when it appeared at the West End venue in 2011 will be delighted to know that the production is set for a return to the capital in 2013. “Potted Potter: The Unauthorised Harry Potter Experience” will run at the same venue from March, giving youngsters the chance to experience the full Harry Potter experience live onstage.
Dan and Jeff are the guys behind the production and they have also brought other shows to the capital over the years, whilst also being staples of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. They last brought “Potted Potter” to the West End in 2011 whilst the Vaudeville Theatre was the home of another of their hits – “Potted Panto” – in 2010. They have also brought other shows to the spotlight under the “Potted” brand, with “Potted Pirates” managing to impress audiences as well. With top awards to their names and critics firmly on their side they have fans across the United Kingdom.
With “Potted Potter”, the duo attempt to tell the whole Harry Potter story onscreen, with all seven books condensed into a stage production. From Harry’s first forays in the world of Hogwarts to his final showdown against the evil Lord Voldemort, it is a story that has captured the imaginations of audiences around the world. The books have, of course, been adapted into blockbuster movies, whilst the iconic image of Harry Potter himself is recognised in all corners of the globe. But even in a world where Potter is immortalised in every city, “Potted Potter” has stood out as something particular worthy of audience’s attention in London.
The Garrick Theatre was last in the headlines earlier this month when it was revealed that the popular musical “Rock of Ages” would be transferring there in January following its long run at the Shaftesbury Theatre, with shows like “Burn The Floor” replacing it at its old home.
But that still leaves the stage unoccupied for “Potted Potter” to take up residence during the day time with a run beginning on Saturday 23rd March 2013 and continuing to Sunday 14th April 2013.
- Matt Henry in Kinky Boot at the Adelphi Theatre
- Olivier Award Wins for Sunny Afternoon at the Harold Pinter Theatre
- James Bolam in Bomber's Moon at Trafalgar Studios 2
- Siobhan Dillon and Natalie Mendoza in Miss Saigon at the Prince Edward Theatre
- Phantom, Les Mis and The Book Of Mormon Extend in the West End
- Richard Grieve in High Society at the Old Vic Theatre
- Kraig Thornber in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane
- Extensions for Book Of Mormon and Women On Verge Of Nervous Breakdown
- Golem by 1927 at the Trafalgar Studios 1
- Sally Cookson Directs Hetty Feather at the Duke of Yorks Theatre