Win Tickets and Celebrate 10 Years of Wicked in the West End
To celebrate 10 years of Wicked we’re giving all the Fellow Ozians out there a chance to win a pair of tickets and programmes to see the magical musical at its London home. Simply head to our Twitter or Facebook page to enter and be sure to show the musical some love with the official #Wicked10 hashtag.
To celebrate to 10 years of Wicked here are 10 things we love about the spellbinding musical:
1. The Story
The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz follows the unlikely friendship between sorcery students Glinda and Elphaba, taking the characters and audience on a mesmerizing journey of how they came to be Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.
2. The Songs
Wicked is filled with memorable music and lyrics by Academy Award winner Stephen Schwartz including the much-loved songs ‘Popular’, ‘I’m Not That Girl’ and ‘Defying Gravity.’
3. It's Based on a Book
The musical has been adapted from page to stage from Gregory Maguire’s novel ‘Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.’
4. The Characters
Alongside Glinda and Elphaba we are introduced to a number of other wonderfully wicked characters including Fiyero, Madam Morrible, Nessarose, Boq, Doctor Dillamond and of course, The Wizard.
5. The Stars
A number of talented cast members have graced the Wicked stage over the years. Rachel Tucker will return to the West End following a successful run on Broadway as part of the special #Wicked10 cast, which will also star Suzie Mathers, Oliver Savile and Anita Dobson. It has also been announced that from 30th January 2017 Willemijn Verkaik will return to her role as Elphaba in London.
6. Even We Learn Lessons Along the Way
Not only do the songs make us want to defy gravity, the production is filled with inspiring, witty lines and lyrics that we’ll remember forever.
“I think I'll try Defying gravity. And you can't pull me down!”
7. It’s Loved Around the world
Since the musical first opened on Broadway in October 2003 it has been seen by more than 50 million people worldwide in 14 countries.
8. It’s Broken Records
First show in West End history to gross over £1,000,000 in single week (week-ending Saturday 1 January 2011).
9. It’s Award Winning
Wicked has received over 100 international awards including a Grammy, 2 Olivier Audience Awards and 3 Tony’s.
10. It's Been in London for 10 Years
Celebrating its 10th birthday this year the production is the 8th current longest running show in the West End as well as the 19th longest running show in West End history.
• These terms and conditions apply to the Boxoffice.co.uk Wicked Ticket Giveaway and entry to the giveaway is in acceptance to these terms and conditions.
• The Promotion is only available to UK residents only who are over the age of 18.
• The winner will receive two tickets and two programmes. Valid on Monday-Thursday performances until 24 November, excluding the 27 September and 24 – 29 October.
• The competition will run from 26 September 2016 and the winner will be notified via the Boxoffice.co.uk Twitter and Facebook pages on 14 October 2016.
• The winner will have 7 days to claim their prize, after which another winner will be selected.
• Boxoffice.co.uk reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a happening outside of their control. Any changes to the Promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
• Boxoffice.co.uk will accept no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason or for any false prize details supplied to any entrant by a third party.
• No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are non-transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
• All other expenses associated with the prize such as transport to and from the venue, food and drink (on top of the prize voucher values) are not included and shall be the responsibility of the winner.
• It should be known that the giveaway will be promoted across all of the Boxoffice.co.uk social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and Instagram), entries will only be able to be made on Twitter and Facebook.
• Boxoffice.co.uk will not be liable for winners failing to attend their prize on time or, indeed, at all.
• Boxoffice.co.uk’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter Inc or Facebook. You are providing your information to the Boxoffice.co.uk and not to any other party.